Sunday, May 31, 2009

One more reason to love Kylesa...

Went for a drive to grab some food for the fam today, and got pulled over by a cop in Troy, apparently for speeding (though I question that I was actually exceeding the speed limit). He checked my plates, came to the car, gave me a funny look, took my license and registration, and after what seemed like an hour came back to the car.

"You're gonna want to slow down here," he said, " but since I like your shirt, I'm gonna let you go with a warning."

Puzzled, I said, "Uh... okay."

He replied, "My son was going to see Kylesa play, with Mastodon, I think, and I have a habit of checking out the bands that my son goes to see, since he's only 17. I listened to their new record [Static Tensions, the cover of which was depicted on my shirt] and really loved it, so I went to the show with him and have all their CDs now. I'm a fan, I guess... and feeling generous cuz of your shirt there. So just slow down a bit, don't mention this to anyone, and have good one, okay?"

I wanted to give him the "rock" salute, but figured I should quit while I was ahead. I said thanks a lot, and went on my way.

Forget the fact that their albums rule, they play raucous live shows, and are all-around nice people who autographed my copy of Static Tensions - the reason to love them is that their t-shirts get you out of speeding tickets. Fuck yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, stalkin your blog from last.fm! (It's becala.)

    Now on to my actual comment, which is simply: Fuck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also stalking your blog via last.fm
    now onto my actual comment: fuck yes! hahaha !
    kylesa were great live, its good to meet a cop who isnt a pig

    ReplyDelete