Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Long Day

It's been a long day of incredulity at things that shouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm jaded enough that fucked up things shouldn't shock me, but sometimes I lose track of that, and my jaw hits the floor.

It's also been a long day of internal conflict. I'm torn in two different directions, neither of which is here and now. Damnit, I fucking hate that.

Now, I'm struggling to stand upright, as some malicious nauseating virus has turned my digestive system into a battleground.

I take solace, however, in the entertaining fact that I can go from listening to Xasthur and Lurker of Chalice directly to playing Counting Crows, and find myself feeling more depressed by the latter - perhaps because Counting Crows sounds like Main Street in Cold Spring when I was 20 years old.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Metal is totally happy fun time to me, always. Counting Crows is TOTALLY depressing.

    2. Quit doing polysci and start studying math. Internal conflict will end.

    3. Hope you feel better, friend. If you spew, make sure to do it at an entertaining time. And then blog about it.

    ReplyDelete