Sunday, June 7, 2009

I may not like this tomorrow, but tonight it makes perfect sense...


strike me down, should I go to hell for what I have done


i am alive
and what's more -
i am awake
she lives to give
and in turn i care only to take

ready to see, to feel
to burn through the night
i am the fire
and - out of nowhere
She is the light

my angels go silent
my demons, they creep;
yes, i may slumber
but though i lie, i cannot sleep

this soul takes hold
i embrace its caress
thine spirit cries out
with a need to express

we came looking for ash
but found only soot;
this love we consume, devour,
and trample underfoot

left in ruins
love we send to the grave
betraying a promise
we chose instead to enslave

convictions dissembled
morality left behind
a beauty to explore, to transcend -
and a memory to find

a whisper, a wonder
and a check left blank
to look back and question
why that crumbling ship sank

my will breaks
my spine cracks
with each passing lie...
without this one true love
we wither
we blister
and we die

No comments:

Post a Comment