Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fear and Longing

Someone hacked into my Paypal account and paid 55 Euros (of my money) to a German online gaming service... or some such shit. Luckily, I caught it as it happened and was able to protect myself and my fragile, feeble financial assets from further harm... I hope. As it happened I immediately went into panic mode, which is not usually a productive place for me to be, but today it worked, and I guess there's no arguing with results.

I'd like to say that it's out of my mind; I'll get my 81 dollars back when PayPal's investigation is complete and they realize that I never authorized such a transaction. It's not out of my mind though; fear lingers, and I wonder how vulnerable myself and my family are to such intrusions.



Thankfully, though, my copy of Fauna's "The Hunt" CD arrived in the mail today, and I think it's about time for me to crack a beer and drift away into a spiritual realm of enormously moving blackmetal... that always makes me long for Minnewaska. Keep telling myself I can wait for Tuesday, but I always long for Gertrude's Nose, especially in Winter... my spiritual home to which I shall return once again.

I might also mention, though, that I'm apparently taking this semester off from grad school. There are positive and negative ramifications for this maneuver, but I think in the grand scheme this should prove to be a wise move. I'm going to spend the time enjoying my wee ones, reconnecting and communing with nature, and working on some other ventures that for now will remain hush-hush.

What will not remain hush-hush is my excitement for this. Will surely be awesome, and now that I won't be taking any classes for a while, I can train for this monumental day. I wish I wasn't so psyched for it, but honestly, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment